Today I organized the sewing area here, wandered around Michaels for inspiration and basically hung out in my room. I am feeling sort of lonely and sad today … no real reason why but I am out of sorts.
I am working on my list of changes. I want to get back into holiday traditions and I was thinking that next year I want to have a nice village on the Christmas table. I have some houses to paint at home but I’m not going to be there for a few weeks so I’ve decided to buy a couple to work on here over the next few weeks. That should help me get started on my creative changes plus I’m working towards making memories for my children. Next year when they come for dinner they will see the village … my grandchildren will see them when they come to visit.
So … where do I start? I know the things that make me happy … how do I get back to them? I have spent so much time at work I lost all my creative skills. I don’t bake anymore, sew … create … I didn’t do anything but work for so long. So … first resolutions are as follows:
1. Once a week I will make a meal from scratch using a recipe book (or online recipe). Something new, not just opening a can or a bag of frozen vegetables. Eventually I would like to be making a real dinner 5 nights a week (leaving a night for my husband and son). Believe it or not, I’m tired of eating fast food and restaurant meals. Unfortunately this is going to be delayed a week or two while my kitchen is being renovated. Right now, I have no cupboards, counters or lights in there!
2. I need to reignite my creative juices. I used to love to sew, paint (folk art), decorate and bring that side out in me again. I need to start taking chances .. I will work out a specific plan shortly.
3. I want to read more. Not brain candy but good books. Any suggestions are welcome.
4. I want to move more. My goal is some kind of exercise for half an hour a day to start.
5. I am going to blog my progress daily. It will help keep me on track.