So … where do I start? I know the things that make me happy … how do I get back to them? I have spent so much time at work I lost all my creative skills. I don’t bake anymore, sew … create … I didn’t do anything but work for so long. So … first resolutions are as follows:
1. Once a week I will make a meal from scratch using a recipe book (or online recipe). Something new, not just opening a can or a bag of frozen vegetables. Eventually I would like to be making a real dinner 5 nights a week (leaving a night for my husband and son). Believe it or not, I’m tired of eating fast food and restaurant meals. Unfortunately this is going to be delayed a week or two while my kitchen is being renovated. Right now, I have no cupboards, counters or lights in there!
2. I need to reignite my creative juices. I used to love to sew, paint (folk art), decorate and bring that side out in me again. I need to start taking chances .. I will work out a specific plan shortly.
3. I want to read more. Not brain candy but good books. Any suggestions are welcome.
4. I want to move more. My goal is some kind of exercise for half an hour a day to start.
5. I am going to blog my progress daily. It will help keep me on track.